Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2011 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Banana Split

I went to the Banana Split social on the first floor of Haverfield, and it was intense. The hallway was barely wide enough to fit the banana split and all the people who wanted to eat it. There was so much ice cream, that we couldn't even give it all away! All the ice cream and toppings got a little messy and the containers got a little sticky, but over all it was a lot of fun to hang out with people in our building and eat ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Chelsea, the banana split social was a really fun idea. At first I pictured the ice-cream to be gross, but the individual cups made it better. I liked that we all a job to do in creating the treats and I hope there are more food events like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Banana Split social was, as Chelsea said, pretty intense, which I didn't expect at all. I honestly was just hoping that when I got down there, there would just be a huge ice cream thing everyone could take from, but we we had to make it. Which makes a lot more sense, and it ended up being cool hanging out with the Haverfriends and enjoying ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I thought that the social would be just making your own banana split - I totally missed the memo about it being in a fifty foot long tube. But, it was the first of this type of event I had ever seen, and so it was really fun to see people just digging in to the ice-cream with no shame. :) I'd love to do this again!

    ReplyDelete