Welcome to the Humanities Scholars Class of 2011 blog!
Please use this site to reflect on your experience and involvement in the Humanities around campus. Be sure to check back regularly to post new experiences, see what other students have written, and engage in discussion.

Friday, January 6, 2012

COSI!


Tonight, tons of Ohio State University students and friends, including me, took a bus trip to COSI for a special night of fun festivities.  We left Haverfield and ventured on to the illusive CABS bus to COSI.  We got there and were greeted by what seemed like millions of people, from young kids to the elderly.  It was packed to say the least.  We started out going through the space and ocean areas.  The coolest part of the night, however, was the IMAX movie we saw on Africa.  It was amazing and extremely vivid, like we were actually in the Delta.  We got up close and personal with lions, elephants, and owls.  Ultimately, it was too crowded to look at too much else, but I really learned a lot from the few things we did get to see.  COSI was definitely a great trip!

3 comments:

  1. I went to the COSI event with the juggling club, which had been asked to come and perform there for an hour (from 8 to 9). We ended up staying until just before midnight. I haven't ever performed in either such a crowded area or in such close proximity to the audience (which of course means that, to do it right, I had to attempt to talk with people and engage them). But, COSI was definitely a great venue as there were lots of people there, so I was almost never completely performing for just myself, and there was still a good amount of space. I didn't see a lot of the exhibits, but they did do the show with the electric shock (where your hair stands on end) while we were performing, so I did get to see that and hear some of the explanation behind it. Altogether it was an interesting way of interacting with people that I have no done before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that we got a chance to go to COSI because I haven't been there in a long time. I enjoyed all the exhibits and it brought back many memories from the last time I visited. This museum is great because it is interactive and fun but educational at the same time. I found the spinning tunnel interesting because people felt unbalanced walking through it even though it was just our eyes playing tricks on us. The 'little town' with antiques was fun to walk through as well. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting COSI with my friends and feeling like a little kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also went to COSI after dark. It was the first time I had ever been to COSI and it ended up being a ton of fun! My friends and I spent quite a few hours going through all of the different exhibits. My favorite room would have to be the space exhibit. I would definitely go again!

    ReplyDelete