Saturday, November 26, 2011
Potluck&Movie
I had a great time going to the Potluck with everyone. It was nice to get some free food and see what everyone brought. I had already seen Shutter Island, but thought it was a very good movie and wanted to see it again. It did not dissapoint the second time, either. I understood the movie a lot better the second time. The Potluck was a nice opportunity to relax and hang out with others in the Humanites program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really enjoyed the movie. It was a great time to relax and enjoy friends. The food was great! I had never seen Shutter Island and came away impressed. I really thought Andrew was a special agent and never expected his true identity. The unexpected is what makes movies great and this was a great movie. The ending made me a little unhappy. Did Andrew change or did he want a lobotomy? Great movie thought and I would watch it again!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the movie night. I was going through a rough time that week and this event was really helpful in keeping my mind off things. I had never seen this movie before and I found to be really interesting, and possibly one of my favorites. I like how complex it is and it almost gives you a choice as to what story you want to believe, is he the Federal Marshal or is he the patient? Anyways, I had a great time. Plus the food was great!
ReplyDeleteThis was also the second time I saw this movie. I enjoyed it just as much the second time through. It makes a little more sense when you know Andrew's true story as a patient. I also started to watch for all of the minute details that I may have previously brushed off as his heachache or the fake gun. Some movies are better understood the second time around and, in my opion, this is one of them.
ReplyDelete